PE & Sports Premium
Statement 2018/2019Please click on the link below to see our school report for the academic year 2018/2019
Statement 2017/2018During the period, April 2017 to March 2018, the school will receive a total allocation of £16,600 since the doubling of the sports premium. It is intended that this funding will be used in the following areas:
• Continue to provide high quality subsidised before and after school sports clubs
• Provide free to all lunch time sports clubs
• Deliver targeted professional development opportunities in a range of 'WOW' sports
• Improve the opportunities for children to take part in competitive sports, including children in KS1
• Provide improved equipment for sports lessons, playtimes and after school clubs
• Develop the range of large outdoor apparatus that children can access at play and lunch times
• Develop the range of apparatus that children in Early Years can access to support their physical development e.g. targeted funding to improve the number of balance bikes and related equipment available and develop the climbing apparatus available.
This has resulted in:
1. Increased levels of skill and commitment to a healthy lifestyle being clearly demonstrated by pupils.
2. Over 75% of our pupils now regularly access an extra-curricular sport activity each week
3. The overwhelming majority of children are physically active for the entirety of lunch and playtimes.
4. Well-planned PE lessons that challenge the children to develop their levels of fitness and participation.
5. Significantly improved levels of physical development in EYFS with 87.5% of children achieving the Early Learning Goal for Physical Development in 2016/2017.
6. Significantly improved levels of physical development on entry to Reception can be seen in children who access our Busy Bees nursery.